Let me explain....

Let me explain...
So my first post, 'The Irish Countryside' is something that is, in a way, personal to me. While I was there, I completely fell in love with the houses and the personalities that were shown through the architecture. So in a way, I wanted to show this to someone else!
For the rest of the blog I'm going to go a little random and it kind of needs an explanation! I'll be comparing the most random things in a 'something vs something' style. This will be a bit of fun, help me escape when I have so much to do and to be honest has endless possibilities! Hope it makes a little sense at least!
There may occasionally just be a random post that just rants about something or someone or shares something I found out! I have varied ideas and for once in my life I'd rather not completely plan it out! So there it is, my plan, to not plan! genius!

Saturday 2 October 2010

The Irish Countryside...

While on holiday in Ireland in the Summer I stayed in a small cottage belonging to a relative. The cottage was literally situated in the middle of nowhere so it was fantastic breathing in the country air - apart from when that involved walks past fields of animals, the air wasn't as 'fresh' there! Driving through the country it was amazing to see all the houses, every one different and every one personal to the occupants. So, here are some photo's of some of the properties, the photo quality isn't great as they were taken while driving past, but I will try and explain why I liked each home. 


What attracted me to this
house was the windows of the
room at the side. There are
floor to ceiling windows on each
of the 3 outer walls. I like how
this would allow a huge amount
of a light into the house.
I liked this one because it is simple
yet large. It is personal and the
functionality of the bungalow will
suit the occupants needs.
The house is interesting because of the sweeping
driveway. It secludes the house from the road and
makes it appear more grand. From the road side you
 can see that the house is large and the sweeping
driveway gives the residence privacy that it otherwise
may not have.
This house caught my eye because of the huge
 front room. The large bay window gives an idea as
to how big the room is and I like how it is the most
 noticeable aspect of the house at first.
This house is probably my favourite out of all of the pictures I have, because of the 'jaggy' roof. There are many different apex's and roof lies due to bay windows in both front rooms and the upstairs, as well as the front porch. It gives the feeling of busy-ness but at the same time order. It makes the house feel larger and as thought there are many different dimensions and functions within.

No comments:

Post a Comment